Monday, March 17, 2008

Kiting!


I did it! I spent some quality time kiting. It's taken almost a month to get back out on the ice and under a kite but I must say it was worth the wait. I went up north with my dear friends, Chris and Molly, who make busy people seem like couch potatoes and decided that I'd take a weeks worth of Eleanor Roosevelt's quote, "Do something everyday that scares you." and apply it to one day out. It wasn't scary, I actually remembered all of Rachel's good teaching and had a wonderful time! Don't count the fact that I took this picture while I was suppose be holding the handle!

The best part of the day was that I broke out of my "hamster wheel" and was able to navigate the kite away from the anchor where we were storing our gear AND made it right back without having to walk. That was a very proud moment - then I collapsed from exhaustion.


Here's Mr Chris, the day was cloudy but worth it!

An added bonus to the weekend was that traveling allowed for more knitting! The socks are finished!

No comments: