Wednesday, July 29, 2009

sleep, it's NOT overrated.


So I've never been a napper. I've laid down for three hours before to only get an extra 30 minutes of sleep when I desperately needed all three hours. I've been up for 24 hour stints to just have to wait for bedtime again because napping is not in my constitution. Well the true test is here and it's official. I am not a napper. The little man is up three times in the night, which is great, I'm not complaining AT ALL. When he was first born he was up for 3 1/2 hour periods, now he's just up, eat, poop, sleep in that order. But mommy's internal clock thinks that the times in between are more like naps, and now even when he is sleeping - she is NOT. I'm beginning to feel like I"m on a bad chemically induced trip, minus the hallucinations - this baby seems real to me. Everyone says it gets better. I'm a little skeptical at this point, those people also said they napped when their baby napped - oh sleep, I miss you so.

1 comment:

minijaxter said...

it does get better.
just keep him on a schedule and you will be fine soon.