Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer vacation..............


As a child, summer vacation meant the lake.  That was pretty much it.  Before moving to Maine,  our family vacations were at the lake, then when we actually lived there, as soon as school was out we'd move to the camp and live there until school went back in.  In college though, life kicked in.  There were summer jobs away,  friends to visit, other parts of the country to see, tourist towns to live and work in.  I can say that I've had the opportunity to live in some of the most beautiful places in Maine and New Hampshire, and because of this over the past 15 years I've spent very little time at the lake.  Funny how as you get older you begin to appreciate quiet and solitude.  I feel like I've had the first REAL summer vacation in years thanks to the lake.  And as you can tell from the picture,  everybody relaxes at camp :)

In knitting related news,  summer vacation has meant some quality knitting time.  I'll post pictures when I small man isn't crying.

2 comments:

ajc325 said...

It looks wonderful. I love that..."everyone relaxes at the lake." Even far away and from the computer, I feel a bit more calm.

Joan said...

That picture says it all!